Leonard Cohen - To A Teacher Lyrics
Leonard Cohen – To A Teacher Lyrics
[Dedicated to A. M. Klein (1909-1972)]
Hurt once and for all into silence.
A long pain ending without a song to prove it.
Who could stand beside you so close to Eden,
When you glinted in every eye the held-high
razor, shivering every ram and son?
And now the silent loony bin, where
The shadows live in the rafters like
Until the turning mind, a radar signal,
lures them to exaggerate
Mountain-size on the white stone wall
Your tiny limp.
How can I leave you in such a house?
Are there no more saints and wizards
to praise their ways with pupils,
No more evil to stun with the slap
of a wet red tongue?
Did you confuse the Messiah in a mirror
and rest because he had finally come?
Let me cry Help beside you, Teacher.
I have entered under this dark roof
As fearlessly as an honoured son
Enters his father’s house.
[Leonard Cohen – To A Teacher Lyrics]
|Artist||Leonard Cohen Lyrics|
|Album||"Dear Heather" (2004)|
Watch The Official Video
- Imagine Dragons - I'm So Sorry Lyrics
- Lord Huron - The Night We Met Lyrics
- Mel Jade - Bliss Lyrics
- Tori Kelly - Nobody Love Lyrics
- Fat Joe – How You Luv Dat feat. Troy Ave Lyrics
- Ludacris - Throw Sum Mo Lyrics
- José González - Leaf Off / The Cave Lyrics
- Elle King - Last Damn Night Lyrics
- The Airborne Toxic Event - Chains Lyrics
- Burna Boy - Rockstar Lyrics
Top Lyrics Today
- Lil Durk - Stop Callin My Phone Lyrics
- Akon-Smack That (feat. Eminem) Lyrics
- Nelly- Nothing Without Her Lyrics
- James Blunt-I'll Take Everything Lyrics
- Empire Of The Sun - Awakening Lyrics
- The Neighbourhood - Warm Lyrics (Feat. Raury)
- Wale - The Motivation (Be Right) Lyrics (feat. Dre)
- Akon-I Wanna Fuck You Lyrics
- Ace Hood - Slow Down Lyrics (feat. Kevin Cossom)
- Lenka - Two Heartbeats Lyrics